GDPR/Compliance Team Meeting - April 24, 2019

By Achilleas Papageorgiou on 2019-04-27 10:12 in Compliance Team

This meeting of the Joomla! Compliance Team has been held on April 24, 2019 at 16.30 CET on Glip.

Participants

In attendance: Achilleas Papageorgiou, Luca Marzo, Sandra Decoux, Roland Dalmulder, Sander Potjer.

Discussion outline

  • Roland shared with the team some technical issues that he faced the previous week after updates he made to the SSO infrastructure (SSO extension as well as the SimpleSAMLphp library). Roland is working to overpass the issues in order for the SSO to be available for testing again.
  • The previous week Roland also worked in several issues that have been reported on Github. Still some are open for further discussion. The issue of a functional upfront the registration to the SSO consent by the user was discussed. As a result a checkbox consent will be included to inform users about the Project owner, the Privacy Policy and any other information needed before registration. Another special topic that was discussed was regarding the flow and the measures that the SSO will have regarding the age restrictions of its users. The team discussed a lot on that (also in regard to the volunteering side of the participation) to find the best fitted option and the final flow. The team to collect information and examples to discuss it again at the next meeting to result to the best solution.
  • Sander shared with the team an update regarding the demo he has prepared to test the cookie script before move it to the properties. Sander combined all the previous shared information through the common channel between the team and Michael to result to a demo installation. The team will review and provide feedback on this. Alkaios to also provide any more needed in regard to changes to the cookie script on Github. 
  • Achilleas shared an update regarding his work on the Privacy Guidance for extensions that is expected to be published on the Joomla! Docs. A doc and a spreadsheet were shared that contain two different approaches. The team provided valuable feedback and Achilleas is going to prepare a final doc and Sandra to support him with anything needed on JDocs property. 
  • Luca to prepare and share a presentation regarding the current status of the SSO and the next steps. This presentation will be shared with the Webmasters and the community to be aware of the compliance steps that the team prepare for the Project.

Join the Compliance Team

The Joomla Compliance Team is looking for new volunteers.

Lawyers, people with legal/compliance background, GDPR/data protection experts and developers are more than welcome to join the team. Please get in touch with Achilleas Papageorgiou This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 

Next meeting will take place on May 01, 2019 at 16.30 CET on Glip.

Meeting ends after 110 minutes.

Read more https://volunteers.joomla.org/teams/compliance-team/reports/1004-gdpr-compliance-team-meeting-april-24-2019

Add comment

Be nice, No ovet advertising unless you agree to our rates. Posting indicates agreement and consent.


Security code
Refresh