OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - May 02, 2019

By Luca Marzo on 2019-05-09 08:11 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting

Date: May 02, 2019Time: 17:00 UTCTotal time of meeting: 1 hour 10 minutes

Attendees:

Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall (President), Alexander Metzler (Vice President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Djamel Kherbi (Director), Harald Leithner (Director), Hugh Douglas Smith (Director), Jaz Parkyn (Director).

Apologies:

Jason E Rosenbaum (Treasurer), Jason Nickerson (Director).

Proxies:

Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall served as proxy for Jason Rosenbaum.Luca Marzo served as proxy for Jason Nickerson.

Discussion outline

President

  • Rowan shared a budget projection for next year to help with the budget submissions.

  • Rowan shared a proposal of amendment for the OSM Financial Policy to be discussed until next meeting.

  • Joint Branded Sponsorship of JoomlaDay Netherlands with domains.joomla.org - Wilco Alsemgeest to represent Joomla alongside a representative from BrandIt. In discussions with BrandIt regarding streamlining and improving the platform including the addition of more country specific TLDs and white label reselling/stable servicing for larger domain holding customers.

  • Rowan will be concentrating on getting things moving properly with JWC next week.

  • JCP Sprint in June in Schiphol being arranged. JED unable to do those dates and will organise another sprint in July with bookings made before the end of the fiscal year.

  • NDA with Eyvonne (new bookkeeper) signed and filed. Onboarding will begin shortly. Most groundwork for streamlining QuickBooks has already been done, the rest will be completed over the weekend.

  • i2Coalition onboarding continuing interview to be done in the next week or so.

Treasurer

  • Jason to check and complete the transfer of recurring transactions from Mike card to his one.

  • Began researching and reading up on D&O - will find time to discuss options with Rowan for Joomla Foundation 501.

  • Budget forms have gone out to DCs - initial submission returns due 5/9/2019. Thank you.

  • Have time scheduled on my calendar this afternoon for Citibank run, to transfer BC2 funds into MMA and also remove prior bookkeeper from banking access.

  • Jason shared the up to date bank balances.

Production Department

  • Joomla 3.9.6 release has been postponed

  • Code sprint with 22 people starts tomorrow

    • Backend Template

    • Workflow

    • Parameter

    • Prepared Statements

  • Joomla Security Strike Team leader election: David Jardin has been reelected. Tobias Zulauf selected as Assistant Team Leader.

  • GPG Key rotated after one Keyholder (Phil Taylor) left the team

  • Joomla! 4 beta is still on track for end of May / beginning of June

  • GSoC, we got our 4 requested slots

  • Google Season of Docs, sadly we were not selected this year

Events Department

Operations Department

Programs Department

  • Certification Team. Things are progressing well on the new platform, the essential functions have been completed and are now in the testing / evaluation stage. multilingual landing pages have been built for exams at events, to promote the exam and provide the coupon and instructions for candidates. Documentation and presentations are being tidied up and converted to HTML to facilitate re-use and for translation. FAQs are being tidied up and converted to HTML to facilitate re-use and for translation. Next team meeting scheduled for the end of the month.

  • Next meeting scheduled for 7th May.

  • Budget plan submitted.

Vice President

Secretary

  • Runoff elections for Marketing & Communications Department Coordinator ended again with a tie.

  • Handling Elections for Marketing & Communications. Ballots with the new method to go out on Monday. Rowan and Luca to get in touch again with candidates in order to publish their manifestos. This would help people to vote for their Department Coordinator with more information.

  • LegalShield membership fixed. Added Rowan and Jason to the account.

  • Luca to send the amended bylaws for the 501(c)(3) entity to the Incorporation consultant in order to proceed with the process.

  • A Chinese Organization is trying to register Joomla in China, Luca proposed to challenge the registration.

  • Presentation of the Single Sign On, Identity and Consent Management System is almost ready. It will be shared with the Operations Department and the Community once ready in the next few days.

  • Luca asked for help from Board Members to deal with Code of Conduct breach reports. The Board discussed the need to revamp the Conflict Resolution Team.

Other business

Motions taken during this meeting

#2019/045 - Apply the new voting methodology to the Marketing & Communications Department Coordinator Replacement Election as per the modifications to the Bylaws approved in February.Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Jaz ParkynThe motion passed with majority consent and 1 voted against (Harald Leithner).

#2019/046 - Challenge the “Joomla” Trademark Registration in China.Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Djamel KherbiThe motion passed with unanimous consent.

#2019/047 - Reboot the Conflict Resolution Team in order to deal with Code of Conduct Breach Reports with 3 members of the board dealing with all reports collectively instead of the Secretary alone. Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Rowan Hoskyns AbrahallThe motion passed with unanimous consent.

#2019/048 - The Secretary proposes to adjourn the meetingProposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Djamel Kherbi.The motion passed with unanimous consent.

Motions taken offline before this meeting

#2019/044 - Approve and publish the Board Meeting Minutes.Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Hugh Douglas-Smith.The motion passed with unanimous consent.

Read more https://volunteers.joomla.org/board-of-directors/reports/1009-osm-inc-full-board-meeting-may-02-2019

Add comment

Be nice, No ovet advertising unless you agree to our rates. Posting indicates agreement and consent.


Security code
Refresh