OSM, Inc. - Full Board Meeting - June 13, 2019

By Luca Marzo on 2019-06-24 06:25 in Board of Directors

Open Source Matters, Inc.Full Board of Directors and Officers Meeting

Date: June 13, 2019Time: 17:00 UTCTotal time of meeting: 35 minutes


Rowan Hoskyns Abrahall (President), Luca Marzo (Secretary), Jason E Rosenbaum (Treasurer), Djamel Kherbi (Director), Harald Leithner (Director), Rachel Walraven (Director), Hugh Douglas Smith (Director), Jaz Parkyn (Director).


Alexander Metzler (Vice President), Jason Nickerson (Director).


Luca Marzo served as proxy for Alexander Metzler.

Discussion outline



  • Jason shared the outstanding status of Sponsor payments.

  • Rowan is dealing with CloudAccess to ensure contract terms are met.

  • Jason worked with CPA to sign the short year 2017 Char500. Pending Rowan signature.

  • Jason to look at eventual exemption status for QuickBooks.

  • Jason is researching and reading up on D&O - will find time to discuss options with Rowan for Joomla Foundation 501.

  • Began discussions with CPA on closing out FY 18/19 - the plan is to have our returns filed in mid-August, a month before they would be due.

  • Jason shared bank balances.

  • Motion to approve the Budget for next fiscal year will be actioned via email to ensure all Board members’ vote.

Production Department

  • Joomla 3.9.7 release had a problem with French websites. If a user selected the French helpurl in his profile or the administrator set it in the global configuration displayed an error message after the upgrade. The reason for this was a problem with the sql upgrade file resulting in invalid json that could not be loaded by Joomla! anymore. Joomla 3.9.8 got released hours after the issue got reported. It repairs the table and removed the broken sql upgrade file.

  • IE 11 Support removal for Joomla! 4.0 is in progress.

  • MySQL Version 5.6 requirement for Joomla! 4.0 with optional increased requirements in J4.2+

  • PHP 7.2 will be required for Joomla! 4.0

  • Marco Dings managed to renew the license of PHPStorm.

Marketing & Communications Department

  • Google Ads not resolved yet, but making progress.

  • Thank you campaign for our sponsors and partners is running.

Events Department

  • Meeting minutes from last meeting will be published soon.

  • Djamel started to do a list of the JUGs who need review, planned to start the review in the upcoming week.

  • Work on JWC will start in full swing in around 10 days.

Operations Department

  • JED4 sprint is now arranged and final contract being put in place with venue. 6 attendees from Fri 2nd Aug through Sun 4th Aug.

  • No comments as yet to the Webmasters’ Handbook draft, Hugh asked Board members to check it out and comment. Hugh have invited Michael Babker to review it as Webmasters Team Lead.

Programs Department

  • No major updates since the meeting last week. Tests are continuing on Shika.

  • Did You Know campaign is still running on social media for Certifications.

  • Programs budget reduced.

  • Certifications held a very successful sprint and made great progress on the exam platform and other team activities.


  • New agreement for the Certification Program is in EchoSign.

  • Reminder to all the Department Coordinators to check Team status in their department and prepare for the upcoming elections.

Motions taken during this meeting

#2019/059  - The Secretary proposes to adjourn the meetingProposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Hugh Douglas-Smith.The motion passed with unanimous consent.

Motions taken offline before this meeting

#2019/058  - Approve and publish the Board Meeting Minutes.Proposed by Luca Marzo, seconded by Alexander Metzler.The motion passed with unanimous consent.


Read more https://volunteers.joomla.org/board-of-directors/reports/1038-osm-inc-full-board-meeting-june-13-2019

Add comment
Be nice, No ovet advertising unless you agree to our rates. Posting indicates agreement and consent.