Production Dept. Meeting MINUTES - june 30, 2020

By Marco Dings on 2020-07-23 10:36 in Production

 

DETAILS

Scheduled duration: 45min

Participants: Benjamin Trenkle (Team Leader), Carlos Cámara (Team Leader), David Jardin (Team Leader), George Wilson (Release Lead 4.0) Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader), Marco Dings (Department Coordinator), Mike Brandner (Team Leader), Llewellyn van der Merwe (Assistant Department Coordinator), Nicola Galgano (Team Leader), Philip Walton (Team Leader), Tobias Zulauf (Release Lead 3.10),

Absent with notice:  

Niels Braczek (Team Leader)

Absent: Harald Leithner (Release Lead 3.9), Ilagnayeru Manickam (Team Leader), Robert Deutz (Team Leader), 

Production Department Coordinator (Marco Dings)

Talk Topics:

  1. Budget, keeping the lights on, preview, to be made public at OSM Member meeting

Joomla! Enhancement Development Team (Benjamin Trenkle)

Talk Topics:

  1. Nothing to report

Joomla Accessibility Team (Carlos Cámara Mora)

Talk Topics:

  1. New contributor to the team (Hans Kuijpers)

  2. Working in a blog post to bring more testers from A11y Club

 

Security Strike Team (David Jardin)

Updates/Proposed Topics:

  1. Kickoff-meeting for a cross-CMS signed-update initiative happened with Drupal and TYPO3 folks. Two code sprints (serverside- and clientside) for a PHP implementation of TUF are being scheduled.

  2. Suggestion for new default password policy for 4.x, enforced in installer for super admin password and used as a default in com_users: min 12 characters, no complexity rules

Automated Testing Team (Hannes Papenberg)

Talk Topics:

  1. Nothing to report

Release leads (George Wilson, Tobias Zulauf Harald Leithner)

* Release lead 4.0 (George Wilson)

  1. J4 Beta 2 released

  2. Fights about download site for translations

  3. Beta 3 date scheduled for 28 July

* Releaseleads 3.10 (Tobias Zulauf):

  1. Nothing to report

Bug Squad (Nicola Galgano)

Talk Topics:

  1. Near to 700 open issues

  2. The CLI side needs more care

Software Architecture & Strategy Team (Niels Braczek)

Updates/Proposed Topics:

  1. Laravel-Review: WIP.

  2. RfC-RfC: Still waiting for input from Marketing.

 

CMS Release Team (Philip Walton)

Talk Topics:

  1. Other options to https://github.com/joomla/jissues/issues/1088 if there are any?

Updates/Proposed Topics:

  1. CMS release now have a sandbox to test with http:/undisclosed.joomla.org/

  2. Due to low participation now Europe is out of lockdown cutting BF@H down to specific times on a Saturday and sharing it with Patrick in Australia

CMS Maintenance Team (Robert Deutz)

Talk Topics:

  1. Nothing to report

Read more https://volunteers.joomla.org/departments/production/reports/1286-production-dept-meeting-minutes-june-30-2020

Add comment
Be nice, No ovet advertising unless you agree to our rates. Posting indicates agreement and consent.