Participants: David Jardin (Team Leader), Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader), Harald Leithner (Release Lead 4.2), Marco Dings (Department Coordinator), Christiane Maier-Stadtherr (Team Leader), Llewellyn van der Merwe (Assistant Department Coordinator), Niels Braczek (Team Leader), Sigrid Gramlinger (Team Leader), Shivam Rajput (Team Leader), Philip Walton (Marketing Liaison), Robert Deutz (Team Leader), Tobias Zulauf (Release Lead 3.10) Absent with notice: George Wilson (Release Lead 4.0), Benjamin Trenkle (Team Leader), Jacob Waisner (Team Leader) Absent without notice: Mike Brandner (Team Leader)
Production Department Coordinator (Marco Dings)
- I came back from (off-line) vacation
- I tendered in my resignation, team members received a copy of the mail
- Nothing exciting from the board, investigation malversations ongoing, marketing/target market will be written up
Security Strike Team (David Jardin)
- A left-over debug statement caused a security incident at issues.joomla.org, leading to the expose of the Github API token of the issues bot. Incident was quickly reported and resolved, kudos to all involved.
Release Leads (Benjamin Trenkle, George Wilson, Tobias Zulauf, Harald Leithner)
* Release Lead 4.0 (George Wilson)
- Joomla 4.0.3 to be released on the 14.September 2021 together with 3.10.2
- Joomla 4.0.2 and a standalone version of the Joomla Update Component has been released less than 24h after 4.0.1 to patch an issue found in 4.0.1 right after the release.
- Continued work on process to import J2.5 and J3.x packs from joomla code into the downloads portal to finish the migration from joomla code, thanks to Wilco for his help and advice so far. Cli script largely ready to go.
* Release lead 3.10 (Tobias Zulauf):
- Joomla 3.10.2 to be released on the 14. September 2021 together with 4.0.3
- Joomla 3.10.2 will ship with fixes for the pre-upgrade checker as well as a fix for better PHP8 compatibility
* Maintainer Docker (Llewellyn van der Merwe):
- So we have the new docker images for Joomla 4.0 merged into the official-images.
- To increment the minor version will now be easy. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me, or open an issue.
- We would like to optimize the Joomla 4 - PHP 8 containers to be more instep with the capabilities of PHP8
- We would like to look at a developer variant to use in testing and development of any RC or Beta pre release, and existing official releases.
- This new architecture initially will not change the current images, just add more.
- The new architecture will soon be in the staging branch for viewing, testing and feedback.
- We see problems in the cloud deployment industry docker, like Bitnami has their own deployment script for Joomla docker, and it does not use the official browser initialization path. This leaves the Joomla system halfway deployed with multiple issues. We need to give them a solution (an example) as their instance is the main image of Google, Amazon and Azure deployments of Joomla. We can’t just ignore this issue as it will hurt Joomla. Which means all those images will have major issues due to partial initialization of the database.
- Like no way to upgrade from 3.10 to 4.0
- none of the core components cashe gets loaded
- some of the database fixes are also not made
Software Architecture & Strategy Team (Niels Braczek)
- Joomla images published by Bitnami - used as a standard for AWS deployment - seem to be broken; see Release Leads / Maintainer Docker above.
CMS Release Team (Sigrid Gramlinger)
- Process for “failed” releases - meeting with release leads, marketing lead and security lead is planned to prepare for such hopefully rare cases.
- I talked with Hannes about the current status of automated testing and how the CMS Release team will continue with semi-automated browser testing for releases. If anyone has experience, please share with Sigrid.
- Our team will prepare a public “how to test a release” checklist, to motivate more people for RC testing.
Google Summer of Code Joomla “Students Contribution” Team (Shivam Rajput)
- Google Summer of Code 2021
- All 5 Students have successfully passed the evaluation.
- The Closing Ceremony for the GSoC 2021 is scheduled on 09 Sep at 9:30 PM IST.
- Summer of Code 2021
- Both Students have successfully passed the first evaluation.
- Currently we are in the Second Phase of the Summer of Code 2021.
- Follow Up
- Need to confirm in regards to Merging of the Projects of GSoC 2021.
- Activate shared session (both FE and BE) per default starting with Joomla 4.1
- The feedback from several members was not in favor of activating shared sessions per default because it would surprise the user and would negatively affect the integrators.
- Any updates on the TT Coordination? Who will coordinate the upcoming 3.10.2 and 4.0.3 releases translation wise?
- It's on the todo list of the PDC; For now the next release will be coordinated by the Release Leads again.