By Llewellyn van der Merwe on 2021-09-24 10:37 in Production

Participants: Benjamin Trenkle (Team Leader, Release Lead 4.1), David Jardin (Team Leader), Christiane Maier-Stadtherr (Team Leader), Llewellyn van der Merwe (Assistant Department Coordinator), Sigrid Gramlinger (Team Leader), Shivam Rajput (Team Leader), Tobias Zulauf (Release Lead 3.10) Absent with notice: Niels Braczek (Team Leader), Robert Deutz (Team Leader), Harald Leithner (Release Lead 4.2), Jacob Waisner (Team Leader), Marco Dings (Department Coordinator), Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader), Philip Walton (Marketing Liaison) Absent without notice: Mike Brandner (Team Leader), George Wilson (Release Lead 4.0)

Joomla! Enhancement Development Team (Benjamin Trenkle)

Joomla! Accessibility Team (Christiane Maier-Stadtherr)

  • For 4.1 we wanted to make sure that every PR concerning layouts is approved by a member of JAT. We check the PRs (viviana and christiane). Do we want to make it public? If yes: How to make this visible?
  • https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/discussions/35594 (parameters lost their descriptions). We would like to see this as an a11y issue and add it to the list of 4.1 a11y tasks

Release Leads (Benjamin Trenkle, George Wilson, Tobias Zulauf, Harald Leithner)

* Release Lead 4.1 (Benjamin Trenkle)

Planned releases:

Alpha-----September, 28thOctober, 26thNovember, 23th

Beta (Feature Freeze)----December, 7thDecember, 21thJanuary, 4th

RC (Language freeze)----January, 18thFebruary, 1st

Stable----February, 15th

* Release lead 3.10 (Tobias Zulauf):

  • Joomla 3.10.2 has been released last week without any major regressions reported
  • Joomla 3.10.3 scheduled to be released on the 26. October
  • Joomla 3.10.3-rc1 scheduled to be released on the 16. October
  • Would be great to get tests on the PRs intended to be included in 3.10.3

* Maintainer Framework (Niels Braczek):

  • General maintenance of the (not deprecated or archived) Framework repositories:
    • Renamed ‘master’ to ‘1.x-dev’
    • Made ‘2.0-dev’ the default branch
    • Added Social Preview images
    • Added Security Policy
    • Activated Reporting Feature (notification of admins)
    • Activated Wiki and Discussions
    • Added Sponsoring info where missing

* Maintainer Docker (Llewellyn van der Merwe):

  • Working on a release path that is marginally automated as before using workflows.

Software Architecture & Strategy Team (Niels Braczek)

  • After a short code review, we found that It should be possible to support multiple data sources using the MVC factory. We were thinking of creating a PoC for three use cases:
    • a different (additional) database
    • a flat file (CSV or JSON
    • a REST service
    We are interested in getting your input about concrete examples that are hands on and not too academic. Please get in contact with me or Llewellyn.

CMS Release Team (Sigrid Gramlinger)

  • The day after the last releases we had our team meeting, to evaluate and summarize the release. We will plan that for future releases too.
  • We planned an evaluation workshop for automated (Browser) Testing Tools on October 1st. If anybody is interested, please let me know.
  • We had a Documentation Tutorial Session with Mike. Unfortunately the recording did not work, he will re-record.
  • We started a written document for the rare cases of “failed” releases. It is in the Google drive in our team folder. We will continue to work on it.

Google Summer of Code “Students Contribution” Team (Shivam Rajput)

  • Summer 2021 Final Evaluation in the coming 2 week. Oct 1st to Oct 14th.
  • Working with Philip to Publish the last blog of GSoC 2021.

Other Business

  • Action Item for the Joomla Translation Team Coordinator: TinyMCE Translation files need to be updated and coordinated with the TT Teams:https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/35599
    • Has been agreed to be moved to the next meeting
  • Any update on the Translation Team Coordinator position?
    • Has been agreed to be moved to the next meeting
  • What’s the current status of our “stream our meetings”-proposal? Status is: Benjamin is going to create a draft document of a concept, outlining a possible future setup and is going to share it with the department.

Read more https://volunteers.joomla.org/departments/production/reports/1635-production-dept-meeting-minutes-september-21-2021

Add comment
Be nice, No ovet advertising unless you agree to our rates. Posting indicates agreement and consent.


Security code
Refresh