Participants: Benjamin Trenkle (Release Lead 4.1), David Jardin (Team Leader), Harald Leithner (Release Lead 4.2), Christiane Maier-Stadtherr (Team Leader), Viviana Menzel (Assistant Team Leader), Llewellyn van der Merwe (Assistant Department Coordinator), Niels Braczek (Team Leader), Shivam Rajput (Team Leader), Sigrid Gramlinger (Team Leader), Philip Walton (Marketing Liaison), Robert Deutz (Team Leader), Tobias Zulauf (Release Lead 3.10) Absent with notice: Jacob Waisner (Team Leader), Marco Dings (Department Coordinator) Absent without notice: Hannes Papenberg (Team Leader), Mike Brandner (Team Leader), George Wilson (Release Lead 4.0)
Joomla! Enhancement Development Team (Shivam Rajput)
- Christiane has agreed to come onboard as Asst. Team Leader.
- GSoC - Started Prep for GSoC 2022
Release Leads (Benjamin Trenkle, George Wilson, Tobias Zulauf, Harald Leithner)
* Release Lead 4.1 (Benjamin Trenkle):
- Beta 1 will be build on Thursday and going in final testing phase
- All features are merged but the A11y-Checker
- We’ll do a feature freeze for everything but the A11y-Checker which will be included for Beta 2
* Release Lead 3.10 (Tobias Zulauf):
- Joomla 3.10.4-rc1 has been released on the 28.11.2021
- Joomla 3.10.4 to be released on the 07.12.2021
* Maintainer Framework (Niels Braczek):
- Monorepo is making progress; I expect it to be ready until the end of the year.
Software Architecture & Strategy Team (Niels Braczek)
- Started an RFC called ‘Release Versioning’ last week to address the feature vs. bugfix question. Discussion had a good start, although there was no activity the last couple of days. Also, the scope seems to be widening, as discussion is about fx. backward compatibility, deprecation policy and other related areas. So suggestions for a better name (‘Development Strategy’ may be too big?) are welcome, as well as contributions to the discussion.
CMS Release Team (Sigrid Gramlinger)
- We talked about Release Leads for next versions.
- Next Joomla Magazine Team introduction is CMS Release Team