By Sigrid Gramlinger on 2023-02-07 16:28 in CMS Release Team
Wed, Feb, 01, 2023, UTC 19:00
DETAILSDuration: 70 minutes
Participants:Rachel, Benjamin, Sigrid, Phil, Stefan, Roland, Olivier, ChristianeNOTES
For testing, we publish the currently planned release dates for 2023 in https://docs.joomla.org/Pre-Release_Testing
- 31 January 2023
- 14 March 2023
- 18 April 2023 - Version 4.3.0
- 30 May 2023
- 11 July 2023
- 22 August 2023
- 17 October 2023 Versions 4.4.0 and 5.0.0
- 28 November 2023
Post Release Process
The newly established Post Release Process helped the Release Managers as well as all people involved to follow some guidelines after the release, specially the decision sheet offered good support.
- Important question is: Is the upgrade process broken?
- The Post Release Channel in Mattermost will be for people involved in the release process (not public), as there might be security relevant information.
- We will inform in the Mattermost “Town Square” what is going on, so we can point people inside the community to one place.
- For manual testing, within the team we will assign people to test on specific php versions.
- More ATT
- We will create a list of past Joomla releases and research about the post release problems → learn for the future, improve our current process
- We will use the post release process starting latest with RC1 of a new version, better with Beta versions.
- Joomla 4.2.7 is out
- Post Release Process
- Beta release prep this Saturday for release next Tuesday, February 7th.
- Add new custom language Karakalpak
- Stefan ask crowdin for deepl integration
Next CMS Release team meeting is scheduled for Wed. Feb 22, 19:00 UTC
Read more https://volunteers.joomla.org/teams/cms-release-team/reports/1857-cms-release-team-meeting-februrary-01-2023